SSC Teams Help Promote Breast Cancer Awareness
With National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in full swing, Sunshine State Conference teams are joining millions across the United States in promoting the cause.
A number of institutions have designated athletic contests to promote breast cancer awareness and funds to find a cure for the disease.
Several volleyball games have been deemed “Dig Pink” games. “Dig Pink” is an initiative sponsored by the Side-Out Foundation. Dig Pink events are supported by teams from the club level through collegiate volleyball. All proceeds benefit Side-Out, which in turn awards grants to medical research organizations and entities dedicated to providing compassionate support to breast cancer patients and their families.
The following league games have already been or will yet be played as “Dig Pink” events:
• Saint Leo at Florida Tech on October 5,
• West Alabama at Nova Southeastern on October 19,
• Armstrong Atlantic at Rollins on October 23,
• Florida Southern at Barry on October 26, and
• Rollins at Eckerd on October 27.
Additionally, the following SSC soccer matches have been targeted to help shed light on the cause:
• Saint Leo at Barry men’s soccer on October 9,
• Eckerd at Nova Southeastern women’s soccer on October 9, and
• Florida Southern at Barry women’s soccer on October 17.
More information about each event, visit each schools’ athletics website.